Skip to main content

Methodology Mission 

Image Visualisation

Reflection 

When I think back on how the mission went I am happy with the results. I liked how each of our different ways to visualise images turned out and also am happy with how our video turned out. 


Although I am quite happy there are a few things I would change if I was to do it again.
First off, I would have loved to follow through with our first selfie idea. This would mean I need more time to gather the images included throughout the video.

One thing I would make sure to do next time is allow myself extra time to put the final video together as the editing took way longer than expected.
I would also show many more ways of visualisation to give people a better understanding. I would also look further into artists and there few on image visualisation and look for techniques they use.

I found it difficult to work in a group as we all had different timetables and were not always free at the same time. Slack made this easier as we could communicate back and forward to each other about the mission. We all knew our tasks and could help each other out on days we were not all available.

I was really pleased with the tutorial style video we made but would also love to try out different ways to show things through a video. Maybe next time I would do a Question and Answer style video  all about what I learned about image visualisation. 

I was glad to understand that there are so many ways to view and show images. I wanted people to know that they do not need to just look at 5 images one after another, these can be seen as a collage or  a montage for example. I wanted people to start thinking outside the box and be more creative in their ways of visualisation. I believe our final video had shown this. 

After completing this mission I find myself thinking about image visualisation and even using the tools I learnt how to use.  They do not only have to be used for educational purpose but can be used to show memories or make art. 
I am glad that I chose this mission to complete. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Methodology Mission  Image Visualisation Why I chose this? At first I had no idea what image visualisation even meant but I knew it sounded interesting. After reading through the mission briefs on the CDM website this one stood out the most to me. It stood out the most for a number of reasons, the first being that I could really do what I want when it came to this mission . For example I could chose the types of images I would work with aswell as the different tools I would use.  Another thing was that it was up to me how I wanted to display my images and what point I wanted to get across. It was interesting to me that images can mean so many different things just by the way they are shown. I wanted to understand this more and think about things from a different perspective. I wanted to show people that we can think outside the box sometimes and tell or show things in different ways.  I knew the outcome of this mission had to the a video and believed that this would

Creativity Mission

The Art Of The Animated Gif How I went about completing my first mission. This is how I completed my first mission in my Introduction to Digital Media class.  After looking through all the missions and reading what each one consisted of, I decided I wanted to tackle the one on Gifs. It turned out that my classmates Rosie and  Daniel also wanted to do this one, so we formed a group. We started off by each doing our own research. I took the time to look up facts like "who made Gifs?" and "why were they invented?". After each of us had found out the useful information, Daniel decided he wanted to put together the presentation. Another step was creating our own Gifs. Luckily enough Rosie had experience in this. This meant that she could talk me through how to create my own Gifs.  We decided we would pick a theme for the Gifs we were about to create. Halloween was what we chose as it was coming up to Halloween. We spent a few hours creating Gifs on
Methodology Mission  Image Visualisation  The Process  Before starting the mission the first thing I needed to do was form a group. I needed to find two more people who also wanted to do this mission. This was the easiest part.  I knew that the outcome of this mission had to be a video of some sort so before doing any research we got our heads around Premier Pro by watching videos on how to use it swell as practicing.  We then practised using each of the tools so when it came to the real thing we knew exactly what we were doing.  Next the three of us came together and brainstormed all of our ideas for the mission. Our first plan was to take selfies from everyone in the class and show them in three different ways with their age and gender. This would've shown that you can display information and images in different ways and formats. However this did not go to plan because we did not have time to wait for everyone to send us their selfies.  We decided it would be